Being a photographer and taking the perfect shot with the perfect lighting and under the perfect circumstances, takes time. If you think about it, perfect lighting only occurs twice a day and with that being said, perfect lighting can only be utilized at the exact moment of both sunrise and sunset. It took a while, but over time, photographers have discovered that they require a little more help when it comes to perfecting an image. Thanks to applications such as Photoshop, the platform for editing images has been revolutionized.
Photoshop has changed the photography game. Hiring a photographer now cost much more hence the launch of Photoshop, as well as similar editing applications. Photographers even complete courses in photoshop to up there game and complete updated courses on a regular basis to stay on tread with the latest photography technology.
What is photoshop?
Photoshop is a powerfully designed software with a big set of tools used by both professionals and the regular individual taking simple snaps. There are various main tools that elevate the photoshop game.
- The Layer Tool – Layers can be used to add text, images, brush strokes, patterns, filters and background colors. These will add to the creation of the final product. Each of these layers, or sheets, can be individually modified. This is done without compromising the entire project. This will assist in editing individual elements for your graphics. Be sure to always name the newly created layers which will help eliminate confusion and keep your photoshop platform organized.
- Coloring & Swatch Tool – This tool adds to the modification, copying and saving customized color scheme for your given content. Though this tool might seem quite simple, it has a powerful set of features that assist in keeping visual content nice and vibrant.
- Custom Fonts & Text Tools –Allowing you to add custom fonts to the given database, this tool also provides you with the very best of advanced font settings.
- The Brush Tool & Custom Brushes –You can now add your own fonts and custom brush tips. These brush settings allow you to change shapes, size and the transparency of brush strokes. This also helps you achieve a range of new visual effects.
- The Select Tool –This tool helps you select complete graphics. Individual elements and helps you determine the copy, cut and paste function when it comes to your graphics.
- The Move Tool –The ‘move’ tool does exactly what its name implies, it moves individual elements for your graphics. It works on graphics, as well as on individual layers when highlighting your layers.
There are many more tools to be utilized in photoshop that will allow you to get the very best effects out of your visual image. Starting out with photoshop, however, there is a great deal to learn. It takes a lot of time and a little more of a budget than one would think. When used correctly, it can definitely up your game in photography.